Local Authorities have a duty to review Conservation Areas from time to time. The preparation, publication and formal adoption of Conservation Area Appraisals forms part of this process.
Appraisals are being carried out, and in some instances reviewed, for each of the Peak District National Park's 109 Conservation Areas.
Historic England's Guidance on Conservation Area Appraisals forms the basis of the Authority's appraisals.
Appraisals identify the special qualities that make a place worthy of designation as a Conservation Area. They look at ways in which the character of a place can be preserved or enhanced and are intended to inform future changes, not to prevent them altogether.
Draft Conservation Area Appraisals will be available for public consultation prior to adoption by the Authority.
Adopted Conservation Area Appraisals
The following Conservation Area Appraisals (based on Historic England's recommended format) have been adopted by the Authority and can be viewed by following the links below:
- Alport (adopted August 2012)
- Bakewell (adopted April 2013)
- Beeley (adopted January 2009)
- Bolsterstone (adopted March 2009)
- Bonsall (adopted March 2011)
- Bradfield (adopted March 2010)
- Bradwell (adopted March 2014)
- Castleton (adopted March 2010)
- Cressbrook and Ravensdale (adopted September 2011)
- Hathersage (adopted March 2011)
- Ilam (adopted August 2012)
- Langsett (adopted March 2010)
- Litton (adopted April 2008)
- Monyash (adopted December 2011)
- Parwich (adopted October 2008)
- Pott Shrigley (adopted March 2015)
- Rowsley (adopted March 2011)
- Upper Midhope (adopted March 2009)
- Youlgrave (adopted October 2010)
A number of Conservation Area Appraisals, adopted by the Authority, are in an earlier format and can be viewed by contacting the Historic Building Team on 01629 816200.
These are available for the following Conservation Areas:
|Ashford in the Water||Aston||Bagshaw|
|Ballidon||Bamford (village)||Bamford (Lydgate)|
|Baslow & Bubnell||Birchover||Brund|
|Curbar 1||Curbar 2||Danebridge & Wincle|
|Forest Chapel||Froggatt||Great Hucklow & Grindlow|
|Great Longstone||Grindleford (village)||Grindleford (station)|
|Kettleshulme||Little Hayfield||Little Hucklow|
|Little Longstone||Litton Mill||Lyme Park|
|Meerbrook||Middleton by Youlgreave||Milldale|
|Milldale (Lode Mill)||Millers Dale||Onecote|
|Over Haddon||Peak Forest & Old Dam||Pilsley|
|Sheen||Sheldon||Slackhall & Ford Hall|
|Sparrowpit||Stanton in Peak||Stanton Lees|
|Upper Elkstone||Upper Hulme||Wardlow|
|Wigginstall||Wormhill & Hargatewall|