Operational policies and procedures
In addition to the policies and procedures related to the long-term and day-to-day management of the national park, the policies below relate to how the Authority itself is run.
Code of Corporate Governance
Governance is about how local government bodies ensure that they are doing the right things, in the right way, for the right people, in a timely, inclusive, open, honest and accountable way. The Authority has agreed a Code of Corporate Governance which sets out what we will do to achieve this and follows the principles and framework recommended for local government.
Each year the Authority is required to review its performance against this Code so that we can continuously improve our effectiveness and address any weakness highlighted. In doing this we take into account feedback and reports from independent advisors like our internal and external auditors and the local government ombudsman.
This review feeds into our Annual Governance Statement (AGS) which we are required to produce each year by the end of June to accompany the production of the final accounts. This statement highlights action we are going to take to improve our governance arrangements. We publish the version of our AGS which has not yet been audited by the deadline of 30 June. We then publish the version which has been audited and approved by our Members at the end of September.
- Code of Corporate Governance (103KB) (updated May 2013)
- Review of performance against Code for 2012/2013 (99KB)
- Annual Governance Statement for 2012/13 (pre-audited) (105KB)
- Anti-Fraud and Corruption Policy (100KB)
- Freedom of information
- Information Management Strategy 2008-2012 (131KB)
- Data Protection Statement
- Equality Policy and Action Plan 2008
- Complaints procedure
Notice of audit of 2012-13 accounts
The Authority is required to produce a Statement of Accounts as at the end of March each year. These Accounts represent a true and fair view of the Authority’s financial position at the end of the financial year, give details of income and expenditure within the year and are certified by the Authority’s Chief Finance Officer. We publish the Statement of Accounts which has not yet been audited by the deadline of 30 June. We then publish the version which has been audited and approved by Members at the end of September.
- Audited statement of accounts 2011-2012 (541KB) (approved 28 September 2012)
- Notice of conclusion of audit of 2011-12 accounts for Peak District National Park Authority (21KB) (published 15 October 2012)
External audit reports
- Audit Commission: Annual governance report 2011/12 (392KB)
- Audit Commission: Annual audit letter 2011/12 (394KB)