You can carry out a map search on Natural England's website for these and other access restrictions. The maps are updated daily.
Public rights of way are not affected by restrictions on open access land.
Landowners' Discretionary Restrictions
- Abney Moors and Offerton Moors - May & June 2018 (2.1MB)
- Silence Mine, Hucklow - January & February 2018 (341KB)
- Meltham Moor - May & June 2018 (1.6 MB)
- Langsett & Thurlstone - May, June, August, September and October 2018 (1.3MB)
- Derwent & Hallam Moors - May, June & September 2018 (2.2MB)
- Callow Bank, Hathersage - May and June 2018 (511KB)
National Park Authority Directions
- Ravensdale, Cressbrook – nature conservation exclusion until 31 July 2018 (667KB)
- Silence Mine, Hucklow - public safety exclusion until 30 April 2019 (331KB)
Fire Prevention Directions
The Authority has directions in place to close open access land when the fire risk is exceptional. These are linked to the Fire Severity Index. When these are activated, we will let you know which areas are closed and erect notices on site.