Hope and Hathersage are well served by buses and trains, and these leaflets aim to introduce visitors to the area, offering a host of things to see and do.
An interesting village to wander around, the map inside the leaflet highlights points of interest, local businesses and signposts to websites for further information.
Explore the countryside around Hope via the gentle walk outlined in the leaflet, perhaps followed by time in the village enjoying the local facilities.
The Monsal Trail
The Monsal Trail is a traffic-free route through some of the Peak District's most spectacular limestone dales. The trail runs along the former Midland Railway line for 8.5 miles between Blackwell Mill, 3 miles south of Buxton and Coombs Road, Bakewell.
Five new guides have been written showing how to get the Monsal Trail from Manchester, Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham and Chesterfield.
- Monsal Trail by bus from Chesterfield (861KB)
- Monsal Trail by train & bus from Manchester & Buxton (2MB)
- Monsal Trail by train & bus from Nottingham, Derby & Matlock (1.6MB)
- Monsal Trail by bus from Sheffield (1MB)
- Monsal Trail by bus from Nottingham, Derby, Matlock, Bakewell, Buxton, Stockport & Manchester (1.5MB)