We want our Twitter channel to be an inviting, positive and welcoming place – as we hope you would find in other public outlets such as our visitor centres.
What we aim to achieve with our Twitter channel:
- our posts will inform, engage and inspire all users, across a wide range of audiences
- we will aim to respond to direct messages (where content is appropriate) as soon as possible, although it is not monitored 24/7
- social media posts will be positive, encouraging self-expression, conversation and sharing between other users
- we will respect the rights, dignity and property of others
In line with how we would expect our staff to be treated face-to-face, we will not respond to, or engage with social media content or messages which are:
- threatening, abusive, obscene, indecent or objectionable
- contain swearing or other inappropriate written language
- make political or religious references (unless in relation to a specific question or event)
We also ask that users do not post content that is:
- deceptive, false, or misleading
- violates the intellectual property rights of other people
- is illegal
- contains information that may put wildlife or individuals at risk
- references commercial advertising or spam
- is inappropriate, offensive, or hateful
We sometimes receive a significant number of questions regarding the same issue or event. In this case, unless a specific question not covered by our existing information has been asked, we may refer users to a dedicated webpage instead of issuing a personalised response. If you still have specific questions, please refer this via direct mail to email@example.com.
We reserve the right to block users that violate our guidelines. All content must also comply with Twitter's rules too.
Thank you for helping us too keep our Twitter channel a safe and positive place to be.