Days for Schools
Set on the edge of Trentabank reservoir and deep within the forest, a visit here is the perfect place for exploring woodlands. Our classroom at the Forest Office in partnership with United Utilities provides shelter for visiting groups.
What teachers said about their visit to the forest:
"Some wonderful pieces of writing produced by all of the children. Each piece unique and very creative."
Mrs Stout, Bollington St Johns Primary School, Inspired by the Wild 2016.
We strive to make our visits accessible to all. Days can be tailored to your group’s needs. While many of our sites are accessible to people with limited mobility , it is recommended to discuss your particular needs with us before booking.
- Large classroom (2 classes). This is multi-use for United Utilities.
- Cloak stands
- Toilets (1 girls, 1 boys and 1 disabled). Additional public toilets available.
- Hand washing
- Private woodlands with wildlife pond
- Access to wider woodland network of paths
- Coach parking
School visits take place between 10am and 2.30pm; these times are flexible and we can offer longer days. The centre is open from late February – Mid October.
What we offer
Early Years Foundation Stage
Key Stage 1 Programmes
Key Stage 2 Programmes
- Art in the Peak
- Mountain Environment (Shutingsloe hill, not suitable for wheelchairs)
- River Study (Bollin Brook,not suitable for wheelchairs)
- Rocks and Soils
- Peak District Challenge
- Peak District Explorers - Map Skills New 2019
Macclesfield Forest is situated east of Macclesfield and west of the Goyt valley. The A537 is to the North and the A54 to the South. Post Code: SK11 0NS
For further details or to book a visit please contact:
- Tel: 01629 816373
- Email: email@example.com