You will begin your journey with the dramatic back drop of the Peak District National Park, discovering your upland river. Through geographical and scientific enquiry, pupils will plan and carry out simple fieldwork experiments to test their hypothesis. Paddling in the brook and engaging in a real life experience, they will have a multi-sensory experience that they won’t forget. There is an option to river dip and find out what creatures live in the river during warmer weather.
'Great activities which allowed children to think for themselves and discover new learning independently'.
Banks Lane Junior School.
'We really enjoy this trip. It's very well organised and resourced. A great trip which we recommend every year'.
Mosborough Primary School, 2018
Suitable for: Year 3-5, at Longdendale by prior arrangement
Duration: Minimum 4.5 hours. We recommend this programme is delivered March - November.
Location: Coach directions and meeting place, please click on location below.
- Longdendale Environment Centre & Crowden Brook. (near Glossop/Manchester)
- Macclesfield Forest & Bollington Brook (near Macclesfield)
- Moorland Discovery Centre (near Sheffield)
- Teachers Notes Crowden (480kb)
- Teachers Notes Macclesfield Forest (484kb)
- Teachers' Notes Moorland Discovery Centre (400kb)
- Health and Safety
- Risk Benefit Assessment (114kb)
- Risk Benefit Assessment Moorland Discovery Centre (125kb)
To book at the Moorland Discovery Centre call 01433 637907 or email email@example.com