Pupils become mountaineers for the day, creating and exploring enquiries. Their mountaineering pack will equip them to carry out field work, observations and record data. Reflecting on their experiences, pupils will be encouraged through critical thinking to consider our impact on the mountain, and produce creative writing as a celebration of their experience.
'We were thrilled with the children's responses to the trip. They all enjoyed the day'. Rockingham Junior School.
Suitable for: Years 3 -6
Duration: minimum 4.5 hours. Suggested delivery March - November, outside these months you are at risk of worse weather affecting the enjoyment of the day and the possibility of cancellation due to increased risk.
Location: coach directions and meeting place, please click on location link below.
- Crowden Valley and Longdendale Environment Centre (near Glossop/Manchester)
- Thorpe Cloud and Dovedale
- Edale (New for 2019)
- Moorland Discovery Centre (near Sheffield)
- Shutingsloe and Macclesfield Forest (Y5 & 6 only)
- Youth Hostels for schools staying on residential including Ilam
- Mam Tor/Castleton (New for 2019)
- Teachers Notes (415kb)
- Teachers' Notes Moorland Discovery Centre (415kb)
- Health and Safety
- Risk Benefit Assessment (118kb)
- Risk Benefit Assessment Moorland Discovery Centre (130kb)
- Walking route map: Crowden
How to book Mountain Environment please contact 01629 816373 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To book at the Moorland Discovery Centre call 01433 637907 or email email@example.com