This is a great day of fun, discovery and team building challenges. The class works in small teams to complete a range of challenges, these all link beautifully with our inspiring landscape of the Peak District National Park. Encouraging exploration, discovery and getting hands on with nature!
Activities are chosen to suit your group and the location. These may include den building, navigation, team games, orienteering, mini raft building, bioblitz, natural arts and crafts, river dipping and much more. You are advised to discuss your ideas with our staff.
Suitable for: Years 4-6
Duration: Minimum 3.5 hours
Location: coach directions and meeting place, please click on location above.
- Longdendale Environmental Centre (near Glossop/Manchester)
- Macclesfield Forest (near Macclesfiled)
- Moorland Discovery Centre (near Sheffield)
- Youth Hostels for schools staying on residential including Ravenstor (Tideswell), Ilam and Hartington.
- Teachers Notes (463kb)
- Teachers' Notes Moorland Discovery Centre (400kb)
- Health and safety
- Risk Benefit Assessment (61kb)
- Risk Benefit Assessment Moorland Discovery Centre (125kb)
To book at the Moorland Discovery Centre call 01433 637907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.