Partners whose activities contribute to the delivery of BAP targets will be requested to report their actions and outcomes using the web-based system known as BARS (Biodiversity Action Reporting System).
The following principles apply*
- Progress should be reported at least annually;
- Actions and outcomes should only be reported once;
- Data should be appropriately spatially-referenced;
- Action data should be recorded quantitatively;
- Habitat action should be recorded at the priority BAP habitat level;
- Losses to habitats and of local species populations should be recorded quantitatively;
- Each BARS action must have a nominated individual who is responsible for reporting.
*Taken from Securing Biodiversity: Reporting Guidelines for the England Biodiversity Strategy Consultation Draft, April 2010.