Our planning policies and guides have been drawn up following consultation with local people and organisations.
They are designed to look after the special qualities of the national park. All planning proposals in the Peak District national park must comply with planning policies.
The national park's planning policies are made up of:
- the Local Development Framework Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- the East Midlands Regional Plan 2009 (now revoked)
- a number of policies in the Local Plan 2001 that are still valid
- any neighbourhood plans that have been 'made' (legally brought into force)
- any neighbourhood plans that have undergone a successful independent examination are also given considerable weight
- Supplementary planning documents
- Core Strategy policy check for consistency with the National Planning Policy Framework (257KB)
- Emerging Development Management Policies document (when adopted will replace Local Plan 2001)