A gateway to the uplands which encircle the waters of the Dove Stone. Sailing club traffic on a section of the route. RADAR key needed for the gate.
Access for Many & Some
Distance: 1.2km and 3km for the loop
Nearest Facilities: Dove Stone Car Park
Access for All
- From the top end of the car park either head along the dam wall or in the direction of the sailing club along the road to a gate.
- Follow the road to where the streams are met.
Access for Many
- At the far end of the dam wall, head up a steep tarmac slope with railings to a level surfaced track following the side of the reservoir.
- A further steep slope with railings leads through a gate to the head of the reservoir.
- Cross the dam wall and contour round the other side of the reservoir passing Celebration Wood.
- Follow the path as it winds down a steep tarmac slope before leading back to the car park.
- Dove Stone Route Map (1MB)
Start at Dove Stones car park.
Ordnance Survey grid reference: SE 0134 0342
Postcode: OL3 7NE