Castleton visitor centre
Buxton Road, Castleton, Hope Valley S33 8WN
1 April until 30 September 2013: 10:00am - 5:30pm
1 October until 30 November 2013: 10:00am - 5:00pm (5.30pm during half term 26 October - 3 November)
1 December 2013 until 5 January 2014: 10.30am - 5.00pm.
Special late opening hours during December weekends - please contact the centre for details.
6 January 2014 until 28 March 2014: Weekdays 10.30am – 4.30pm, weekends and half term 10.30 – 5.00pm
Telephone: 01629 816572
Fax: 01433 623726
The main centre for exploring the Hope Valley. Located in the village of Castleton, the centre is a 'must see' for visitors to the Peak District National Park and houses the Castleton Village Museum the home of many local treasures, some dating from prehistoric times. The centre operates as a Tourist Information Centre offering accommodation bookings and local information to help you make the most of your stay.
Visitors are inspired to discover the delights of Castleton and the Hope Valley through interactive and interpretative displays. What would it be like to experience the view from Mam Tor, hang glide over the Hope Valley, climb Stanage Edge? Come to Castleton visitor centre - you'll be surprised!
Access for visitors with disabilities
The visitor centre is fully accessible to visitors with disabilities. More information on accessibility
We welcome supervised school groups via our booking system. Please contact the Centre for details - Tel: 01629 816572
- National Park information, hill safety, local and national tourist information
- Local and national accommodation bookings
- Public transport information, timetables and Day Rover tickets
- Theatre programmes, theatre vouchers and Buxton Opera House tickets
- Attractions and events
- Retail area
- Local arts and crafts, maps and guide books, gifts and clothing
- Interactive exhibitions for all ages
- Refreshment kiosk
- Picnic site
- Accessible public conveniences
- Arts and crafts displays and exhibitions