If you are concerned about, or wish to carry out work on a tree/s in the Peak District National Park, either at your property or otherwise, please note the following information...
Immediate and urgent problems
If the tree or trees are dangerous or require immediate action, please contact a local qualified tree surgeon and ask them to liaise directly with us on 01629 816200 or email@example.com.
Trees on the road
Trees on the roads are dealt with by DCC Highways department, their contact details are:
- Call Derbyshire Hotline: 01629 533190
- Text: 86555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to carry out work on a tree or trees, you need to check if they are protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) or are within a conservation area or if they have a planning restriction attached to them. Please contact our Customer and Business Support Team on 01629 816200 or email@example.com who will be able to provide the information you need and will log your enquiry.
Tree Preservation Order and/or Conservation Area and/or Planning Restriction in existence
- If the tree has a TPO in place, no works can be undertaken without written permission from this Authority.
- If your tree is within a conservation area you must apply for written permission six weeks before any work is undertaken.
- Failure to obtain consent can result in a court appearance and unlimited fine.
- If the tree is protected by a TPO or is in a Conservation Area, or has a planning restriction in place, then please could you complete the form below:
Please Note: The enquiry cannot proceed until a completed form is submitted to us.
No Tree Preservation Order / No Conservation Area / No Planning Restriction
- Even if the tree is not protected by a TPO and is not within a Conservation Area, nor has a planning restriction, we would still advise you to proceed with an enquiry and complete the application for tree advice:
Please Note: The enquiry cannot proceed and advice cannot be offered until a completed form is submitted to us.
Further information on the process
When you contact us you will be asked to provide your name, address and contact information, together with details of the tree, its location and any works you wish to carry out.
You will be given a reference number and on receipt of the completed form the enquiry will be passed to our Tree Conservation Officer to process.
The current turnaround for tree enquiries is approximately five weeks from receipt of completed form. We will endeavour to deal with each enquiry as quickly as possible, with dangerous trees taking priority.
Should you require paper forms please contact our Customer and Business Support Team on 01629 816200 or firstname.lastname@example.org who will send the forms out to you.