Pedal Peak for Business was set up in December 2016 to:
- Administer a £150k cycle friendly places small grants scheme to enable businesses to offer good quality experiences for all types of cyclists and stimulate the cycling economy.
- Develop a cycle tourism toolkit for businesses (2.08MB)
- Develop Cyclists Welcome accreditation.
- Deliver workshops and events to enable businesses to understand the cycling market and to boost their business. Places are limited so book now!
- Promote cycle loops and itineraries that inspire.
The Pedal Peak for Business project is being delivered by the Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA) and supported by several partners including:
It is one of five strands within a European funded Growing the Visitor Economy in Derbyshire Small and Medium size Enterprises (SME) business support programme for which the lead partner is Marketing Peak District & Derbyshire. The £450,000 Pedal Peak project is funded by the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme, PDNPA & DDDC.
Boost your Business – attract the cycling market 23 May 2017 Hassop Station café
- Introduction to the £1.49million Growing the Visitor Economy in Derbyshire programme and opportunities for your businesses (661KB) Lindsay Rae, Marketing Peak District & Derbyshire
- Pedal Peak for Business – Making the Peak District the destination for cycling (2.24MB) Carol Parsons, Pedal Peak Business Officer, Peak District National Park
- ‘Places Inbetween’ - inspiring adventures and how to meet cyclists needs - Pete McNeil, Adventure Pedlars (link to presentation coming soon)