We deliver from various locations and centres around the Park - from the gritstones Edges above Hathersage to the limestone dales around Hartington.
- Visits for Secondary Schools and above
- Visits for Primary Schools
- Visits to the Longdendale Environmental Centre
- Visits to the Moorland Discovery Centre
- Visits to Macclesfield Forest
The Learning and Discovery Team offer a range of activities to support lifelong learning, working with many different groups including, schools, family and community and youth groups. We aim to promote understanding and provide inspirational experiences of the diverse qualities of the Peak District National Park. We work to increase people's awareness of the natural environment and the role they have to play in its future by enabling all to experience and connect with the National Park through creative learning and discovery.
- We believe being outdoors is inspiring
- We will enable people to discover explore and enjoy the special qualities of the Peak District National Park in a creative way
- We will strive to be an example of professional excellence, working collaboratively to share our values and best practice
- These opportunities will empower learners to have a greater understanding and care for the natural environment.
All activities are fully risk assessed, with our leaders Criminal Records Bureau/Disclousre and Barring (CRB/DBS) checked and trained to a high standard. We strive to make our visits accessible to all. Many of our sites are accessible to people with limited mobility, but it would be wise to discuss your particular needs with us before booking.
For more details, please contact:
Learning & Discovery Team
Peak District National Park Authority
Tel: 01433 620373