The Peak District National Park Learning and Discovery Team encourages and supports secondary schools to organise their own field trips to the National Park but also offers a small range of led field studies for secondary schools. Our aim is to promote an increased understanding of the Peak District National Park. We are happy to discuss plans for visits and be involved in more bespoke options particularly with Colleges and Universities, please contact us to discuss.
These can be done in a variety of locations in the National Park, or in some cases from your school or college by video conference. To discuss your visit further, please contact our team on 01629 816373 or email email@example.com.
What We Offer :
We are currently supporting self-led visits to the National Park. However, we are still offering the following led visits:
Geographical & Scientific Enquiry
- Hydrology and Fluvial Geomorphology
- Limestone Grassland Ecology (June and July only)
- A-level Carbon and Water Cycles (September to end of February only)
Talks and Online Discussions
- contact us by email or phone to discuss
There are opportunities for closer involvement with the work of the National Park through the Generation Green project.
Self-led Visits in the National Park
Many schools choose to deliver their own field trip. We have put together some advice notes and guidance and how to run a self-led field visit in the Peak District National Park. This includes specific information for Hydrology in the Edale Valley and visits to the Longshaw Estate.
Follow up work, results and other resources
Many of our programmes generate data and can followed up in the classroom - please visit our peak curriculum resources page for further help with data sets, spreadsheets, using fieldwork apps and links to further information, such as our State of the Park report.
What our customers say
- "Emma was an excellent leader. She pitched it at the right level for our group of students" - Spalding High School - Hydrology and Fluvial Geomorphology (GCSE Geography)
- "Set the scene really well and helped us understand National Parks" - Haywood Academy Doncaster - Tourism Talk (GCSE Geography)
- "Chris led a great day that gave pupils real insight into the topic and a chance to learn new fieldwork techniques. We will be booking again. Thanks for a great day!" - Derby High School - Carbon and Water (A level Geography)