The Peak District National Park Learning and Discovery Team offers a small range of field studies for secondary schools. Our aim is to promote an increased understanding of the Peak District National Park. We are happy to discuss more bespoke options with Colleges and Universities, please contact us.
These can be delivered from a variety of locations in the National Park, or in some cases from your school or college by video conference. To discuss your visit further, please contact our team on 01629 816373 or email email@example.com.
What We Offer :
We are currently unable to offer our full programme of visits. However, we are offering the following visits:
Geographical & Scientific Enquiry
- Hydrology and Fluvial Geomorphology
- Limestone Grassland Ecology (June and July only)
- A-level Carbon and Water Cycles (September to end of February only)
Talks and Online Discussions
- contact us by email or phone to discuss
There are opportunities for closer involvement with the work of the National Park through the Generation Green project.
Self-led Visits in the National Park
Many schools choose to deliver their own field trip. We have put together some advice notes and guidance and how to run a self-led field visit in the Peak District National Park. This includes specific information for Hydrology in the Edale Valley and visits to the Longshaw Estate.
Follow up work, results and other resources
Many of our programmes generate data and can followed up in the classroom - please visit our peak curriculum resources page for further help with data sets, spreadsheets, using fieldwork apps and links to further information, such as our State of the Park report.
What our customers say
- "Emma was an excellent leader. She pitched it at the right level for our group of A level students" - Spalding High School - Hydrology and Fluvial Geomorphology
- "Set the scene really well and helped us understand National Parks" - Haywood Academy Doncaster - Tourism Talk (GCSE)
- "Chris led a great day that gave pupils real insight into the topic and a chance to learn new fieldwork techniques. We will be booking again. Thanks for a great day!" - Derby High School - Carbon and Water (A level)