Enjoy moving at the pace of the river’s flow in a landscape telling a story of former industry. Local traffic on the road to Litton Mill. Livestock grazing.
Access for All
Distance: 3.2 km to Miller's Dale
Nearest Facilities: Tideswell and Miller's Dale
- Take the path past the building and through the gate to the sculpture and the first bridge.
- Continue on either path to the second bridge.
- Continue down the dale following the stream to meet the road.
- Turn right and follow the road and the River Wye upstream to Miller’s Dale.
Start from the parking area before Litton Mill for a shorter route to Miller’s Dale (1.6 km) or for reversing the route along Tideswell Dale. The upper loop from the car park is 1 km.
Tideswell Dale Route Map (368KB)
Start at the car park at Tideswell Dale via the B4049, south from Tideswell or from the A6 Buxton to Bakewell Road.
Ordnance Survey grid reference: SK 1538 7418
Postcode: SK17 8SN
Do you know?
- The wealth of wildflowers, includes bloody cranesbill, a dramatic wild geranium, appearing in June below the climbing proving ground of Raven Tor.
- Magma has baked the surrounding rocks, creating columns in the clays and transforming limestone into marble.
- The River Wye powered two cotton mills downstream - Litton Mill and Cressbrook Mill.