What is the Peak District Environmental Quality Mark (EQM)?
It is an award presented by the Peak District National Park Authority to organisations that:
- support the local economy
- protect the global environment
- enhance the local environment
- invest in people and communities
- celebrate what’s special about the Peak District National Park
When you buy a product or service that has been awarded the Environmental Quality Mark, you can be confident that you will be helping to look after the Peak District environment, as well as local people and communities.
Who has been awarded the EQM?
Download the latest list of EQM registered authorised users (89.5 KB) (last updated December 2019)
What are the benefits of EQM for my business?
Here are just some of the benefits of achieving the Peak District Environmental Quality Mark:
- receive official recognition of what you do for the Peak District, its people and environment
- gain an entry on the Peak District National Park Authority website (www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/eqm) which significantly increases your ranking in Google search results
- use the EQM logo in your marketing: a distinction for your business
- join a network of supportive, like-minded businesses
- reduce your running costs through better use of resources
- learn how others succeed: part of the application process is an opportunity to learn how other EQM businesses do it
- take advantage of training opportunities
- receive extra awards and promotional opportunities
How can I apply for the EQM?
Find out how your business could achieve the Environmental Quality Mark.
Applicants for the mark are judged by members of an independent award panel made up of representatives from organisations including:
To start your application, register your business online.
Find out more
- Visit the EQM website: www.eqm.org.uk/peakdistrict
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0770 245 2777.
- Write to us at:
Peak District Environmental Quality Mark
Bakewell DE45 1AE
The Peak District Environmental Quality Mark scheme is run by the Environmental Quality Mark Community Interest Company on behalf of the Peak District National Park Authority.