The Planning Monitoring and Enforcement Team deals with breaches of planning controls, including where building work requiring planning permission is undertaken without such permission, where conditions attached to a planning permission are not complied with, or where the use of a building or land is changed without planning permission. Where breaches are found, the Team seeks to resolve the issues. Often matters can be resolved informally or by regularising the breach through a planning application. However, if a breach is particularly serious the Authority has powers to take formal enforcement action. You can report a possible breach of planning control by email to email@example.com the information you should provide are given in Section 6 of the Local Enforcement Plan.
Our officers also carry out site visits where planning permissions have been granted to ensure that work is proceeding in accordance with the approved plans and conditions.
Local Enforcement Plan
The Local Enforcement Plan sets out how we will manage enforcement proactively, in a way that is appropriate to the National Park. You can read the whole plan or the individual chapters by clicking on the relevant links below:
- Introduction (245KB)
- What is a breach of planning control? (243KB)
- Monitoring (69KB)
- In what circumstances can we take action? (213KB)
- What our are priorities? (461KB)
- How do I report a possible breach of planning control? (208KB)
- Investigation process (335KB)
- What happens when a breach is found? (468KB)
- Immunity from enforcement action (72KB)
- Breaches of other types of consent (754KB)
- What to do if you are not satisfied with our service (125KB)
Download the full Local Enforcement Plan (2.6MB)
If you would like a free printed copy of the Local Enforcement Plan please contact us, as follows:
Peak District National Park Authority
Telephone: 01629 816 200
Quarterly Monitoring & Enforcement Reports
A review of Monitoring & Enforcement cases is reported to the Authority's planning committee every quarter, in January, April, July and October.