Old Market Hall
Bakewell visitor centre re-opens on 12 April 2021 - 9.30am to 5pm daily.
- Telephone: 01629 813227
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bakewell Visitor Centre is fully accessible and ideally placed to welcome you to Bakewell and the 'White Peak' when you arrive. The centre is located in the atmospheric 17th century Old Market Hall.
The Peak District Photography Gallery has been created to highlight the special qualities of the National Park and offers visitors the opportunity to experience the wonderful, dramatic landscapes of this inspiring part of the UK, while supporting local professional landscape and wildlife photographers in the display and sale of their work. The gallery, located upstairs on the mezzanine floor, presents a visual celebration of the Peak District National Park and has a number of exhibitions planned throughout the year.
- Download the Bakewell Miniguide - also available from the visitor centre.
- How to get to Bakewell visitor centre.
- National Park information, local and national tourist information
- Public transport information, timetables and Day Rover tickets
- Theatre programmes and Buxton Opera House tickets
- Information and tickets for local events
- Photocopy service
Access for visitors with disabilities
The visitor centre is fully accessible to visitors with disabilities. View our accessibility statement.
- Read our Bakewell Access Guide (3.5MB)
Pay & Display car park adjacent to the centre (The Market Place) and others located in the town operated by Derbyshire Dales District Council.
Local arts and crafts, maps and guide books, gifts and clothing.