Our planning policies and guides have been drawn up following consultation with local people and organisations.
They are designed to look after the special qualities of the national park. All planning proposals in the Peak District national park must comply with planning policies.
The national park's planning policies are made up of:
- Local Development Framework Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies (DMP) document (adopted May 2019)
- Polices Map with guidance notes.
- Supplementary planning documents
- Neighbourhood plans that have been 'made' (legally brought into force)
- Neighbourhood plans that have undergone successful independent examination are also given considerable weight
The following have been superseded and are no longer relevant: