- 1st April to 30th September 2019: 9:30am to 5pm
- 1st October to 3rd November 2019: 10:00am to 5:00pm
- 4th November 2019 to 31st March 2020: 10:00am to 4:30pm
Castleton Christmas Lights
The centre will be open later on the following dates during Castleton Christmas lights...
- Saturday 16th November: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th December: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th December: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd December: 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Christmas Day: closed
- Boxing Day: 10:00am to 3:30pm.
- Telephone: 01629 816572
- Email: email@example.com
Castleton is a beautiful village situated in the Hope Valley, in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Surrounded by hillsides and overlooked by Mam Tor (the shivering mountain) and the ancient Peveril Castle, the village is popular for it’s show caves, Blue John stone, history, shops, Christmas lights, walking and the annual garland ceremony in May.
Our visitor centre has been fully refurbished in 2017 and is now the premier visitor centre in the Peak District National Park, with exciting new information displays, a dedicated space for Castleton Historical Society’s museum, improved retail area, an area for activities, as well as a new café.
You'll find a warm welcome for people of all ages and abilities, particularly those living with disability, wheelchair users, families with young children or elderly relatives. We also encourage visits from school, youth and community groups.
Come and enjoy the exciting digital interpretation displays including the interactive wall – the first time this technology has been used by a national park. Experience the Castleton story as told by our friends at Castleton Historical Society (CHS) and their artefacts. You can get a taste of the area too as you'll find that our new café uses local products and local food suppliers.
Parking and toilets
There is a car park and toilets adjacent to our visitor centre, these are operated by High Peak Borough Council. Please note that the pay and display machines only accept change and do not accept bank notes or cards.
- Read our Castleton Access Guide (5MB)