November 2022 to March 2023
- Monday to Friday: 10am - 3.30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Refreshment kiosk (independently operated)
- Everyday - 8am until at least 6pm (later if there is demand)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The centre is an ideal base from which to explore the Upper Derwent Valley and surrounding moorlands and staff can easily advise you on a wealth of places to explore and enjoy. From majestic reservoirs and quiet forests to wild open spaces there is something for everyone. Our experienced and welcoming team are available at the visitor centre to help and advise on how to make the most of your visit to the Peak District National Park, this beautiful valley and spectacular moorland.
Temporary closure of the Derwent / Howden Reservoir loop route
From 12 September 2022 until 17 February 2023, there will be no access north from Fairholmes visitor centre to the western side of Derwent and Howden reservoirs.
This closure applies to all vehicles, cycles and users on foot (exc. emergency services and residents). Disabled access along this route will not be possible at this time.
This is due to forestry works being undertaken by the landowner to tackle larch disease in the area. Please view the map to see the affected area and alternative routes. All visitor and cycle hire facilities remain open.
Access for visitors with disabilities
The visitor centre is accessible to wheelchair users
- Read our Upper Derwent Access Guide (3MB)
Pay & Display
Disabled parking is available (charges apply)
- National Park information, hill safety
- Accommodation, attractions, public transport, events
- Retail area: Maps and guide books, gifts and clothing
- Exhibitions: Interactive exhibitions for all ages
- Refreshment kiosk
- Picnic sites
- Accessible public conveniences
- Bike hire