UPDATE: National park visitor and cycle hire centres will close from Wednesday 4 November in line with Covid-19 lockdown restrictions until at least 2 December.
December 2020 to March 2021
- Weekdays, 10am - 3.30pm
- Weekends and bank holidays, 9.30am to 4.30pm
Closed 30 minutes for lunch.
Covid-19 update - what to expect
To ensure the safety of our visitors and staff we've reduced the number of people we can welcome at one time. Please help us to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and follow these guidelines when visiting our centres. Thank you.
- 2 customers permitted in the premises at any one time - please wait to be invited in by a member of the team.
- Visitors will be invited on a one in one out basis.
- Please keep a safe social distance inside the centre.
- Cashless payment preferred.
- Please use the hand sanitiser when entering the building.
- Leaflets - please browse with eyes only or take with you once you have touched
- Browse with eyes only - no handling of goods.
- Telephone: 01433 650953
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The centre is an ideal base from which to explore the Upper Derwent Valley and surrounding moorlands and staff can easily advise you on a wealth of places to explore and enjoy. From majestic reservoirs and quiet forests to wild open spaces there is something for everyone. Our experienced and welcoming team are available at the visitor centre to help and advise on how to make the most of your visit to the Peak District National Park, this beautiful valley and spectacular moorland.
Access for visitors with disabilities
The visitor centre is accessible to wheelchair users
- Read our Upper Derwent Access Guide (3MB)
Pay & Display
Disabled Parking is free
- National Park information, hill safety
- Accommodation, attractions, public transport, events
- Retail area: Maps and guide books, gifts and clothing
- Exhibitions: Interactive exhibitions for all ages
- Refreshment kiosk
- Picnic sites
- Accessible public conveniences
- Bike hire