There are a number of supporting documents that are also used within the planning process.
Statement of Community Involvement
The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) is a statutory document, which explains how the National Park Authority will involve individuals, local communities and stakeholders in the preparation and revision of planning policy documents and the determination of planning applications.
Changes to the current Statement of Community Involvement
The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) requires updating at least every 5 years and we are currently consulting on an amended version of our existing SCI, adopted in 2018. As well as general updates to references, procedures and typographical errors, the SCI has been amended with the following:
- Addition of a clear section outlining how the public are involved in the plan making process (section 4) and the planning application process (section 6);
- In para 2.5 the planning service and parishes accord (agreed in Nov 2011) has been included incorporated into the SCI, and the role of the Peak Park Parishes Forum has been defined.
- In para 6.15 the wording has been amended to advise that people who comment on a planning application via letter or email are directed to the Authority website to view the decision.
- Boxes and flowcharts embedded throughout the 2018 SCI have been incorporated into a processes table in Appendix 2 (for plan making) and Appendix 5 (for planning applications) of the SCI. All appendices have been moved to the end of the document.
- Table 1, outlining methods for engaging in plan making, has been removed and incorporated into the processes table in Appendix 2 of the SCI.
Further details on the amendments to the draft SCI can be found in the National Park Authority report which was considered at committee on 19th May 2023.
Have your say
We are seeking your views on the draft Statement of Community Involvement Please feel free to comment on anything you think may help us improve the document overall.
To comment on the draft SCI you can:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Write to: Peak District National Park, Policy and Communities Team, Aldern House, Baslow Road, Bakewell DE45 1AE
The consultation is open from Friday 26th May to Monday 24th July 2023.
Should you require a paper version of this document please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01629 816200.
Existing Statement of Community Involvement
The current Statement of Community Involvement, adopted in 2018 can be found here:
Local Development Scheme
The Local Development Scheme explains which documents make up the Local Development Framework Core Strategy. It also sets out a timetable for when these documents will be written and reviewed.
- Local Development Scheme (1.3MB)