Discover a section of Longdendale’s long-distance Trans Pennine Trail enhanced for accessibility with viewing platform and ponds.
Access for All
Distance: 1.7 km one-way
Nearest Facilities: Glossop and Padfield
- Start at the top of the car park to follow the weaving path up through the memorial wood.
- Go through the gate and turn left on the trail through the staggered barriers.
- Continue to the viewing platform and ponds, and beyond to where the trail starts to rise.
Torside Route Map (1MB)
Start at Torside Car Park from the B6105 via Glossop or the A628.
Ordnance Survey grid reference: SK 0686 9834
Postcode: SK13 1JB
Do you know?
- The route was part of the first railway line between Manchester and Sheffield. It is now part of the Trans-Pennine Trail from Liverpool to Hull which is itself part of a 2,000 mile route through Europe to Istanbul.
- The phenomena of the Longdendale Lights has attracted a number of sightings and theories in what has become known as the Haunted Valley.
- Torside toilets host the first accessible Changing Place in the National Park.