Health and safety notes
We are extremely conscious of our responsibilities in relation to health and safety, and we aim to provide fun, inspirational and safe learning experiences in the national park.
We hold the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge, certificate number R2QB103464
These health and safety notes and risk assessments are aimed at teachers and leaders who are bringing groups to work with our team in the Peak District National Park.
- Pre-visit Health & Safety Guidance (664KB)
- Generic Education Visits Risk Assessments (495KB)
- What to Wear (1MB)
- Roles and Responsibilities of Parent Helpers (565KB)
The notes provide a clear explanation of:
- the roles and responsibilities that we will take
- the roles and responsibilities we expect you as a group leader to take
During the Covid 19 pandemic we have been following all government guidelines. We continue to do so, with the main points being:
- Please note that we continue to limit our use of indoor space, with activities outside wherever practical. Please ensure all students and adults come with appropriate outdoor clothing, and a backpack to carry their lunch and a drink.
- When activities are indoors, we strive to provide good ventilation.
- We will encourage frequent hand washing / hand sanitising. Groups may want to bring additional hand sanitiser.
There are four steps to our risk assessment:
- Pre-visit Health & Safety Guidance (664KB). Important - MUST READ prior to any education visits.
- Generic Education Visits Risk Assessments, covers the risks common to any of our education visits. (download above)
- Dynamic risk assessment, on the day of your visit, our leaders will carry out a dynamic risk assessment that will take into account any adjustments that need to be made due to actual conditions on the day. example Dynamic risk assessment (178KB)
- For site information see below.
- Longshaw Estate (Moorland Discovery Centre) Site Information (1.3MB)
- Stanage and North Lees Site Information (908KB)
- Castleton and Cavedale Site Information (570KB)
- Crowden Site Information (718KB)
- Macclesfield Forest Site Information (853KB)
- Macclesfield Forest - Rivers & Mountain Site Information (904KB)
- Goyt Valley Site Information (957KB)
For directions visit the Learning Centres and Sites page.