We are extremely conscious of our responsibilities in relation to health and safety, and we aim to provide fun, inspirational and safe learning experiences in the national park.
We hold the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge, certificate number R2QB103464
These health and safety notes and risk assessments are aimed at teachers and leaders who are bringing groups to work with our team in the Peak District National Park.
- Pre-visit Health & Safety Guidance (439KB)
- COVID-19 Secure Risk Assessment (845KB)
- Generic Education Visits Risk Assessments (180KB)
- What to wear and what not to wear (229KB)
The notes provide a clear explanation of:
- the roles and responsibilities that we will take
- the roles and responsibilities we expect you as a group leader to take
During the Covid 19 pandemic we have been following all government guidelines. above is our Covid 19 Risk Assessment and here are the Key points:
- 2m social distancing should be maintained between school ‘bubble’ and our staff/volunteer.
- Please note that we are limiting the use of indoor space. Please ensure all students and adults come with appropriate outdoor clothing, and a backpack to carry their lunch and drink in.
- Please provide each child with a pencil and clipboard to reduce equipment sharing.
- Group may want to bring additional hand sanitiser.
- Some lessons may vary on the day to usual routes or activities. This is being done to reduce potential pinch points with the wider public and to reduce the need for equipment sharing.
There are four steps to our risk assessment:
- Pre-visit Health & Safety Guidance (439KB). Important - MUST READ prior to any education visits.
- Generic Education Visits Risk Assessments, covers the risks common to any of our education visits. (download above)
- Dynamic risk assessment, on the day of your visit, our leaders will carry out a dynamic risk assessment that will take into account any adjustments that need to be made due to actual conditions on the day. example Dynamic risk assessment (178KB)
- For site information see below.
- Edale Hydrology Site Information (855KB)
- Longshaw Estate (Moorland Discovery Centre) Site Information (1.3MB)
- Stanage and North Lees Site Information (908KB)
- Castleton and Cavedale Site Information (570KB)
- Crowden Site Information (718KB)
- Macclesfield Forest Site Information (853KB)
- Macclesfield Forest - Rivers & Mountain Site Information (961KB)
- Goyt Valley Site Information (957KB)
For directions visit the Learning Centres and Sites page.