We are extremely conscious of our responsibilities in relation to health and safety, and we aim to provide fun, inspirational and safe learning experiences in the national park.
We hold the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge, certificate number R2QB103464
These health and safety notes and risk assessments are aimed at teachers and leaders who are bringing groups to work with our team in the Peak District National Park.
- Previsit Guidance COVID (439KB)
- COVID-19 Secure Risk Assessment (247KB)
- Generic Education Visits Risk Assessments (180KB)
- What to wear and what not to wear (229KB)
The notes provide a clear explanation of:
- the roles and responsibilities that we will take
- the roles and responsibilities we expect you as a group leader to take
There are four steps to our risk assessment:
- Previsit Guidance COVID (439)
- Generic Education Visits Risk Assessments, covers the risks common to any of our education visits. (download above)
- Dynamic risk assessment, on the day of your visit, our leaders will carry out a dynamic risk assessment that will take into account any adjustments that need to be made due to actual conditions on the day. example Dynamic risk assessment (178KB) .
- For site information see below.
- Edale Hydrology Site Information
- Longshaw Estate (Moorland Discovery Centre) Site Information
- Stanage and North Lees Site Information
- Castleton and Cavedale Site Information
- Crowden Site Information
- Macclesfield Forest Site Information
For directions visit the Learning Centres and Sites page.