Please note, these steps are indicative only. Please ensure that you conform to the relevant Act and Regulations.
1. Set up your neighbourhood forum
You must make sure that:
- It is established for the express purpose of promoting or improving the social, economic and environmental well-being of an area. The area must consist of or include the neighbourhood area concerned.
- Membership is open to individuals who live, work or are elected members in the neighbourhood area concerned.
- It includes a minimum of 21 individuals who live, work or are elected members in the neighbourhood area concerned.
- There is a written constitution.
2. Apply to the National Park Authority
Your application must include:
- the name of the proposed forum
- a copy of the written constitution
- the name of the neighbourhood area to which it relates
- a map which identifies the neighbourhood area to which it relates
- contact details of at least one member of the proposed forum
- a statement which explains how the proposed forum meets the conditions (specified in (1) above).
3. The National Park Authority designates the forum as a neighbourhood forum
Officers at the National Park Authority will work with you to help ensure that your group meets these conditions.