Why volunteer at the National Park?
The Peak District is a special place, the UK's oldest National Park, and is cherished by millions of people. As a volunteer for the National Park Authority you will be helping us to deliver our two purposes:
- conserve and enhance the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage
- promote opportunities for the understanding and enjoyment of the Peak District's special qualities.
How we look after our volunteers
As a volunteer at the National Park Authority, you can be confident that you will:
- be involved in work that helps others to understand and enjoy the Peak District
- have the training and equipment that you need for your role
- have supervision and work alongside experienced volunteers and regular staff
- be protected by the same health and safety regulations as paid staff.
Our vision for volunteering
"That the PDNPA is recognised for offering a rewarding and enjoyable volunteering experience. Where volunteers are a valued, integral part of a diverse team, whose contribution as ambassadors for the place and to delivering our purposes is recognised, celebrated and rewarded."
Discover how we can provide you with bespoke environmental conservation projects to suit the needs and interests of your organisation and staff.View more