Junior Rangers are aged 11 to 18 and work alongside the National Park Rangers and the Learning and Discovery Team to help look after the special qualities of the Peak District National Park.
The Junior Ranger programme operates across Europe and is affiliated to the Europarcs Federation.
What do Junior Rangers do?
- Find out about how Rangers look after the National Park
- Spend time in the outdoors doing practical tasks
- Have fun learning new skills with people your own age
- Help members of the public enjoy being in the National Park.
Here is a video made by the Millersdale group of Junior Rangers
Where do they work?
There are 5 Junior Ranger groups at present in the Peak District National Park:
- Millersdale - Near Bakewell and Buxton
- Marsh Farm - Tittesworth Reservoir
- Eastern Moors - Barbrook Moor and Froggatt
- Longdendale - Near Glossop
- Dovestones - Near Oldham.
What will be my time commitment?
- This will vary from group to group but is usually once a month.
How will this help me for the future?
- Apart from knowing that you are helping a great organisation look after the countryside, you will be able to put this work experience on your CV and this will raise your profile with future applications and interviews. It will also help you become more independent and confident working with different people of different ages.
Who do I contact?
Contact us saying where you live and we'll send you an application form. We'll contact the group nearest to you and find out whether they have any places available.