We've done everything we can to open centres but we have had to make some changes to our opening hours.
Monday - CLOSED
Tuesday - CLOSED
Wednesday - 10.00am to 3.30pm
Thursday - 10.00am to 3.30pm
Friday - 10.00am to 3.30pm
Saturday- 9.30am to 4.30pm (closed 30 minutes for lunch)
Sunday - 9.30am to 4.30pm (closed 30 minutes for lunch)
Week commencing 26 October (half term) open daily.
What to expect
To ensure the safety of our visitors and staff we've reduced the number of people we can welcome at one time. Please help us to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and follow these guidelines when visiting centres. Thank you.
- 8 customers permitted in the premises at any one time - please wait to be invited in by a member of the team.
- Visitors will be invited in a one in one out basis.
- Please keep to the right and follow arrows.
- Please use the hand sanitiser when entering the building.
- Cashless payment preferred.
- Leaflets - please browse with eyes only or take with you once you have touched.
- Browse with eyes only - no handling of goods.
- No toilet facilities inside - please use the public toilets in the main HPBC car park 400m down the road.
- Tel: 01433 670207
- Email: email@example.com
Located in Edale, this flagship centre of the Moors for the Future Partnership provides a national focus for moorland research and an inspirational experience for visitors to the Peak District National Park.
The Moorland Centre's design reflect its upland setting. It has a living roof of sedum turf which acts as an eco-friendly insulator, and the building is fuelled by an energy saving ground-source heat pump.
Edale is at the start of the Pennine Way and our experienced team are here to help you make the most of your visit to this spectacular area.
Access for visitors with disabilities
The centre is fully accessible to visitors with disabilities, disabled parking on site.
- Read our Edale Access Guide (2.5MB)
Pay & Display car park at the bottom of the village operated by High Peak Borough Council
Regular train service on the Hope Valley Line to Sheffield & Manchester.
- National Park information
- Hill safety
- Public transport
Maps and guide books, gifts and clothing for the outdoors
Interactive exhibitions for all ages