- September - Everyday 9.30am to 5pm (closed on Tuesdays)
- October - Weekends 9.30am to 4.30pm; Weekdays 10am to 3.30pm (closed on Tuesdays)
- November - Weekends only 9.30am to 4.30pm
- December - Open 27th to 31st only 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Tel: 01629 816587 (please note this is a new number, updated Oct 2021)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in Edale, this flagship centre of the Moors for the Future Partnership provides a national focus for moorland research and an inspirational experience for visitors to the Peak District National Park.
The Moorland Centre's design reflect its upland setting. It has a living roof of sedum turf which acts as an eco-friendly insulator, and the building is fuelled by an energy saving ground-source heat pump.
Edale is at the start of the Pennine Way and our experienced team are here to help you make the most of your visit to this spectacular area.
Access for visitors with disabilities
The centre is fully accessible to visitors with disabilities, disabled parking on site.
- Read our Edale Access Guide (2.5MB)
Pay & Display car park at the bottom of the village operated by High Peak Borough Council
Regular train service on the Hope Valley Line to Sheffield & Manchester.
- National Park information
- Hill safety
- Public transport
Maps and guide books, gifts and clothing for the outdoors
Interactive exhibitions for all ages