Our resources can be used by teachers to give background information to National Parks in general, the Peak District and on specific subjects. Many can also be used for classroom use in preparation for your visit and for post-visit activities; all our resources are free to use.
Introduction to the National Park
A series of presentations that introduce National Parks and the work they do.
- Introduction and History of the National Parks (3.9MB)
- What Makes National Parks Special (3.3MB)
- People Who Live and Work in the National Park (2.9MB)
- The Impact of Tourism (7.2MB)
- Issues and Conflicts (5.7MB)
- How You Can Help (3MB)
- NP Management Plan - presentation (3.4MB)
- NP Management Plan - lesson plan (500KB)
Free online resources to be used before and after educational visits for primary schools.
Free online resources to be used before and after educational visits for secondary schools.
Duke of Edinburgh Resources
Materials that may be useful for planning DofE expeditions
- DofE Introduction to the Peak District (1.6MB)
- DofE Ideas for Expedition Aims (1.4MB)
- Peak District Information Pack (122KB)
- Guidance Notes - Dark Peak (259KB)
- Guidance Notes - White Peak (279KB)
For more Peak District DofE resources see their website.
Moorland Teachers' Discovery Pack (5.42MB)
This pack is designed to help teachers and group leaders to lead a safe and fun visit to the moorland areas of the Peak District National Park. The pack is aimed at supporting both class and field-work for students from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4.
Moors for the Future
Our partner organisation has a variety of educational resources including assembly materials, lesson plans and habitat top trump cards.
Using Apps in fieldwork (518KB)
There are many Apps which can be downloaded for free which are brilliant for enhancing your fieldwork. Among them are "Skitch" which allows you to annotate photos, "GPS log" which positions your photos and notes and sound and light meter apps for making recordings in the field.
Digimaps for Schools is an online mapping service for use by teachers and pupils that provides easy access to a range of current and historical Ordnance Survey maps and aerial photography.