Pre-Application Advice Service from 16 November 2020
From this date the pre-application advice service will commence a phased reintroduction.
The Development Management Service will offer chargeable pre-application advice submitted for works related to all development other than:
- Householder development (other than listed buildings)
- Change of use of barns to any C3 residential use (including as holiday lets)
We will be reintroducing advice for these areas of development in the coming months.
There is an amended form and fee schedules available here. We will provide advice on the information submitted with your enquiry. Any subsequent amended plans or proposals for the same site will be treated as a new enquiry.
Customer and Business Support Team Advisors offer advice on whether planning permission is required. The advisors will also signpost enquirers to the planning advice available on the website including validation guidance, planning policies, the Design Guide and other supplementary planning policy documents.
Information is available from the Authority that can be accessed to provide guidance on whether permission is required, what needs to be submitted with an application and what policies may be applicable to a proposed development.
How does it work?
- Please contact our customer service team in the first instance. You can telephone 01629 816 200 or email Customer.Service@peakdistrict.gov.uk
- The customer service team will register your enquiry and may be able to give you the information you need immediately
- If your enquiry requires further research, you will be referred to a planning customer adviser who will contact you within three working days
- The planning customer adviser may decide that further research or information is required at this stage, and if the proposal falls within the categories of the pre-application service being provided, you may be asked to complete a pre-application advice form. We will provide you with Guidance Notes and details of the appropriate fee for your enquiry. Upon receipt of a completed form and the correct fee your enquiry will be allocated to a planning officer who will contact you within 25 working days.
- If planning permission is required, we will advise you:
Will my application be approved?
The pre-application advice that we provide is not legally binding as it does not take into account the views of neighbours, local councils and other public bodies, who we have a statutory requirement to consult.
Final decisions can only be made once an application has been formally submitted and all interested parties have been consulted. Our officers cannot give any guarantees about a decision that will be made on your application.
As a matter of course, requests for pre-application advice will not automatically be treated confidentially. We do not publish requests for pre-application advice on our website, there may be occasions when this information is shared with others (which could include Authority Members and/or third parties).
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 requires us to make certain documents available to members of the public, if requested.
Pre-application advice may only be treated as confidential if there are clear demonstrable issues of commercial sensitivity or other significant reasons why this information may not be disclosed and a public interest test may be applied. Any enquiry in this category should be clearly marked as confidential giving reasons.
If a planning application is made as a result of pre-application advice, all documentation may be publicly available, as they will form background papers to the application.