In 2006, the Peak District National Park Authority and partners set up the Land Managers' Forum to provide an opportunity to debate key topics that would affect future land management in the National Park. Since then, the membership of the Forum has grown to reflect a wide range of farmers, land managers and organisations that are involved in farming and land management in the Peak District National Park.
- Listen to and engage with land management representatives, to develop shared approaches to the future of the Peak District
- Work in partnership for local policy making and delivery
- Look for common ground in influencing government policy
- Identify strategic issues for focus at future forum meetings
- Establish sub-groups as required to look at any emerging issues in detail and report back to the main Forum.
The Peak District National Park Authority, National Farmers Union and the Country Land and Business Association agree and keep under review the membership of the group to ensure that there is a representative range of farmers, land managers and organisations that are involved in farming and land management in the Peak District National Park.