Green fields highlighted by sunrays through heavy clouds from Curbar Edge

Application forms and notes

peak district landscape

Planning law means that we - and all other planning authorities in England and Wales - can only accept standard national planning application forms (called 1APP forms) from you.

There are different forms for different types of planning application. You should check the Local Validation List to see what information you may need to submit to support your application. The Local Validation List applies to planning applications (other than Lawful Development Certificates). The list has been amended from 6 September and requires details on how a proposal will reduce carbon emissions and incorporate measures to reduce the contribution to climate change sustainability.

When submitting a Lawful Development Certificate application, you will need to check the Lawful Development Certificate Local Validation List, to see what information you may need to support your application.

Find out about application forms and notes.

To submit a planning application...

  • You can complete and submit an online form through the planning portal
  • You can download and print out a form below. Please send your completed paper application to:

    Planning Service
    Peak District National Park Authority
    Aldern House
    Baslow Road
    Bakewell DE45 1AE

If you are not sure which form you need, please contact us on on 01629 816 200 or email It is important to make sure you are using the correct form.

Please refer to the local validation list and ensure that you provide the information required on this list otherwise your application cannot be validated.

Main types of planning permission

1. Householder planning permission

2. Full planning permission (not for householders)

3. Outline planning permission (with some matters reserved)

4. Outline planning permission (with all matters reserved)

5. Listed building consent

6. Planning Permission for relevant demolition in a Conservation Area

7. Consent to display an advertisement

8. Prior notification of a proposed agricultural or forestry development (building)

(You can only use this form for certain types of development. If you are not sure, please contact us for advice.)

9. Prior notification of a proposed agricultural or forestry development (road)

(You can only use this form for certain types of development. If you are not sure, please contact us for advice.)

10. Prior notification of proposed demolition

11. Hedgerow removal

12. Works to trees that have a tree preservation order or works to trees in a conservation area

Combinations of application forms (in one single form)

13. Householder planning permission + listed building consent

14. Householder planning permission + conservation area consent

15. Full planning permission + listed building consent

16. Full planning permission + consent for demolition in a conservation area
(not for householders)

17. Full planning permission + consent to display an advertisement
(not for householders)

Forms to change existing planning permission

18. Removal or amendment of a planning condition attached to planning permission

19. Approval of details reserved by condition (discharge of conditions)

20. Approval of reserved matters following outline approval

21. Application for non-material amendment of planning permission

22. Extension of time limits for implementing existing planning permission
(Please note that you cannot submit this form online through the portal.)

Lawful Development Certificates

23. Lawful Development Certificate for existing use, operation or activity
(If you want to check that the existing use of a building is lawful for planning purposes or provide proof that your work does not require planning permission)

24. Lawful Development Certificate for a proposed use or development

Additional forms and Information

New legislation means fewer application types require a 'design and access statement'. In particular, a design and access statement is now no longer needed for householder applications outside conservation areas.

Application Fees

Design and access statement

Protected species


Ordnance Survey request form

The Peak District National Park Authority is not an Ordnance Survey reseller and can't provide OS maps for the use with Planning Applications. However Ordnance Survey maps can be obtained through the Planning Portal webpages using the link below.

Please note that the Peak District National Park Authority does not have any control over this web page or the content within it. Any issues should be raised directly with the Planning Portal.

Section 106 Agreements

Share this page