The Peak District National Park Authority is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified planning consultants to assist with the following services:
- Development Management:
- Assessment and determination of planning applications (including Minerals and Waste Planning);
- Site visits;
- Writing of delegated reports, planning committee papers and related decision notices
- Planning Policy:
- Writing of topic papers and development of policy text (including Minerals and Waste policy) and guidance to inform planning decision making in the national park
- Consideration of cases involving unauthorised development, and breaches of planning consent. Preparation of delegated reports assessing expediency to use a range of enforcement powers
- Historic Building Advice
- Provide specialist advice on conservation issues for Listed Buildings of all grades and non-designated heritage assets in relation to Enforcement (item c above) only. To include site visits where required.
- Conservation Area Appraisal
- Site visits
- Research & analysis
- Draft Conservation Area Appraisal, to PDNPA format and following Historic England guidance
- Ecological Advice on Minerals Planning Cases
- Provide specialist advice on habitat and species conservation and nature recovery in relation to minerals planning cases, including pre-application advice, planning applications, variation and discharge of planning conditions, compliance monitoring review of restoration and aftercare proposals and progress including attendance at site visits and planning appeals. To include any other necessary appraisal of ecological information submitted by the applicant, and site visits where required.
- Provide advice on Biodiversity Net Gain in relation to minerals planning cases.
The Consultant must meet the following criteria:
- Be able to demonstrate professional competence. This includes:
- Consultants shall be able to demonstrate that they are technically competent and qualified to undertake the Services;
- Hold RTPI recognised qualifications and relevant experience, including experience of Listed Buildings where appropriate;
- Individual employees performing the Services should have at least 3 years post qualification experience;
- Provision of a written declaration which states that the Consultant and its employees can operate with independence, impartiality and integrity and that personnel carrying out the work are adequately trained for all aspects of the work taking place.
- Compliance with the Authority’s Standing Orders;
- Evidence (to be provided on request and prior to an award of contract) of an insurance policy in force with reputable insurers in respect of the Consultant’s liabilities:
- To the Authority and to any of their employees;
- To the employees of the Consultant;
- To the public and any other person (public liability);
- in the sum of at least £5,000,000 (FIVE MILLION POUNDS) in respect of any single claim required); and
- Professional indemnity in the sum of at least £1,000,000 (ONE MILLION POUNDS) in respect of any single claim required.
To respond to Approved List request, please complete the attached Expression of Interest form (30KB) and return it by email to email@example.com no later than the Return Date of Friday 2 June 2023.
The title of the email should read: ‘EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR APPROVED LIST REF: PDNPA/Planning Services Support 2023/2024’