Linger at Langsett’s oasis or loop along the woodland water-front promenade..
Access for Many & Some
Distance: 480m & 3.3km for the loop
Nearest Facilities: Langsett
Access for Many
- Start from the back right-hand corner of the car park and follow the upper path along the edge of the woodland until a path dropping down on the left.
- Follow along the woodland path until a turning on the right to a clearing with a pond and seating.
Access for Some
- Start from the back right-hand corner of the car park and take the lower path.
- Go through the gateposts down a steep slope to the reservoir side.
- Continue along a well-surfaced level woodland path until a climb to meet a forest track.
- Turn right and follow the track uphill through the woodland before continuing parallel to but at some distance from the main road to meet the woodland edge path.
Langsett Route Map (1MB)
Start at Langsett Barn car park off the A616 west of Stocksbridge.
Ordnance Survey grid reference: SE 2104 0048
Postcode: S36 4GY