Historic Lyme Park provides the setting for art, fun and long-distance views. Some local traffic.
Access for All & Many
Distance: 550m & 570m for the loops & 1.3km
Nearest Facilities: Lyme Park
Access for All
From the car park take the path to loop around the pond and to the café, shop and the adventure playground.
Access for Some
- From the pond, extend the loop by passing through the adventure playground
- Discover wood sculptures by heading down the track in the wood
- Turn right when the path is met and pass a stream
- Take the left-hand path uphill through a gate to come round to the front of the buildings.
- Alternatively, start from the front of Lyme Hall and continue up the road with Cage Hill on the left
- Continue along a level track with outstanding views to the deer sanctuary and East Lodge.
Lyme Park Route Map (1MB)
There are accessible routes round the grounds of the house with disabled parking at the Orangery and a shuttle bus from the car park.
Start at Lyme Park car park.
Ordnance Survey grid reference: SJ 9629 8237
Postcode: SK12 2NX