Stanage & North Lees are managed by the National Park Authority in partnership with Stanage Forum which represents the views of the many and diverse users of the Estate. The steering group is made up of representatives of the different user groups and is the main decision making body. You can view the present list of members and the constitution.
The forum was set up in 2000 and over a period of 2 years was involved in the production of the Management Plan for the Estate (2002-2012). This was recognised as ground breaking and the first example of a management plan for a public property being produced in partnership with the user groups rather than in consultation with them.
In Spring 2014 the National Park Authority worked with all stakeholders and the forum to produce a new Vision for the Estate based on the four themes of Landscape, People, Connections and Resources. The process involved the collection of views on the Estate and the issues which were felt to be most significant. The resulting ‘Word Clouds’ are available below along with the Vision. Work continued in 2015 to produce a new management plan, a draft of which is available below.
The Stanage Forum Secretary can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries to the National Park Authority contact email@example.com.
More information on Stanage & North Lees can be found in our visiting section.
Stanage Forum documents
Word Cloud and Vision
- Why Stanage and North Lees are important
- Ways we can work together to benefit the Estate
- Issues facing Stanage and North Lees
- Our Vision
Draft Management Plan 2015
- Introduction (274KB)
- Section 1 - Landscape (178KB)
- Section 2 - People (274KB)
- Section 3 - Connections (227KB)
- Section 4 - Resources (227KB)
- Summary (643KB)
- Maps (3.4MB)
- Sheffield Moors Context (122KB)
Agenda and minutes
Owing to staff changes within the PDNPA, the AGM for the Stanage Forum has been postponed until early 2017. Details for the meeting will be publicised through this webpage and partner organisations.
- 02 Nov 2016 Stanage Forum Minutes
- 25 May 2016 Stanage Forum Minutes
- 25 May 2016 Annex 2 - Woodland Proposals with Map
- 25 May 2016 Annex 3 - Campsite Pod Proposals
- 25 May 2016 Annex 4 - Possible Projects for 2016/17
- 12 Jan 2016 Stanage Forum Minutes
- 12 Jan 2016 Diagram 3 Proposed Lettering
- 12 Jan 2016 Outputs and Outcomes
- 12 Jan 2016 Walks 2016
- 12 Jan 2016 Practical Work Programme and Events
- 12 Jan 2016 SITA and Woodland Works
To view older agenda and minutes please view our Stanage Forum archive.