All our cycle hire centres are closed today (Sunday 18 March) due to the weather conditions.
Fairholmes Car Park
Sheffield S33 0AQ
Tel. & Fax: (01433) 651261
How to reach us
Our Derwent cycle hire centre is situated in the picturesque Derwent Valley. It is accessed from the A57 Sheffield to Glossop road. Cycle beside the historic Derwent and Ladybower reservoirs through beautiful woodland.
From Tuesday 13th Feb we are open everyday until 4th November 2018.
We open at 9.30am and closing times are between 4pm and 5pm based on daylight hours. Please confirm with a member of the team when hiring.
- Group hires (10 or more) can be booked in advance by calling the centre. We will ask that you pay in advance to confirm your booking. Bikes are not be guaranteed to be available unless booked and paid for in advance. Please see terms and conditions for group booking. Discounted group rate will only apply to schools and cannot be applied at weekends, bank holidays or during the school holidays.
- All other Customers will be treated on a first come first served basis this includes bank holidays and weekends. We will not take advanced bookings for standard bikes. We are however happy to take advanced bookings for specialist equipment including; electric bikes, trikes, handcranks, tandems, wheelchair bikes, the BOMA7 and mobility scooters/trampers (please book over the phone). We stock a large fleet of different types of bikes and although we cannot guarantee bikes will be available at very busy times, we rarely run out of bikes. We will do our best to accommodate your hire needs, as we have bikes returning to the centre throughout the day.
- Online booking coming soon!
- Please call the centre to book mobility trampers, due to the limited number available.
View our cycle hire price list page.
Where you can cycle
There is a wide range of both easy going and challenging routes for cyclists but remember that cycling is only permitted on bridleways – not on footpaths or open moorland. View the cycle routes in the Upper Derwent Valley (140KB) .
The reservoirs of the Derwent and Howden were built nearly 100 years ago to supply the cities of Sheffield, Nottingham, Derby and Leicester. Ladybower was completed in 1945 to supply an ever increasing demand. With the combination of water, woodlands and high moorland, the Upper Derwent has become a unique place for wildlife.
About the cycle hire centre
The cycle hire centre at Fairholmes forms part of a visitor complex including Visitor Centre, refreshment kiosk and ranger services. Toilets (including disabled facilities), picnic tables and seating areas are all provided on site.
The car park is run by Severn Trent Water. There are pay and display machines and the charges are £2.50 for two hours or £4.70 all day (prices current Feb 2017).
The friendly and knowledgeable Cycle Hire staff are on hand to offer help and advice and can repair small mechanical problems or fully service your bike. The Visitor Centre provides maps and guides on the area.
Information on our cycles
The following cycles are available from this centre:
- Adult cycles
- Child cycles
- Mobility Scooter
- Beamer Tramper Mobility Scooter