We can only accept cash at the moment due to a problem with the phone line. This is has been reported and we are waiting on our service provider to solve the issue. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Derbyshire DE6 2AA
Tel: (01335) 343156
How to reach us
Our Ashbourne bike hire centre is situated at the southern end of the Tissington Trail just outside Ashbourne town centre. It is accessed easily via the A515 from Buxton, the A52 from Derby or the A523/A52 from Leek.
- From the centre of Ashbourne, follow the brown signs for the Tissington Trail.
- From the centre of Ashbourne, take the road above the market-place (Union Street), follow the road round then at the junction at the top indicate left and head straight down Mapleton Road.
Ashbourne bike hire is operating a walk in system during August 2020, first come first served. No need to book in advance, please just turn up on the day. You will need photo ID (passport, photo driving licence), please read the information on our pages in advance.
- Customers must follow all Covid-19 guidelines when collecting and returning bikes.
- There is no provision for rescues or first aid when bikes are out on hire, therefore cyclists are advised to ride within their abilities and take responsibility for themselves, please do not put pressure on National Park staff and medical professionals.
- There maybe a queue at the when you arrive during busy times (10am-11am) please be patient or if possible plan your visit around these times.
- Bikes can be hired from 9.30am-5pm.
If you would like to purchase an ex hire bike, require a service or are in need of a repair, please make and an appointment with the centre.
We are now open everyday until 1st November 2020.
Booking bikes at Ashbourne Cycle Hire
- Group hires (10 or more) can be booked in advance by calling the centre. We will ask that you pay in advance to confirm your booking. Bikes are not be guaranteed to be available unless booked and paid for in advance. Please see terms and conditions for group booking. Discounted group rate will only apply to schools and cannot be applied at weekends, bank holidays or during the school holidays.
- Individuals or parties with less than 10 people can book online for using the 'book online' button above.
- All customers will be treated on a first come first served basis including bank holidays and weekends. We stock a large fleet of different types of bikes and although we cannot guarantee bikes will be available at very busy times, we rarely run out of bikes. We will do our best to accommodate your hire needs, as we have bikes returning to the centre throughout the day.
- Please call the centre to book accessible bikes, due to the limited number available.
View our cycle hire price list page.
Where you can cycle
The Tissington Trail provides a flat, traffic-free cycle route through the beautiful Peak District countryside. The picturesque, traditional Derbyshire village of Tissington is an easy three and a half mile cycle ride away with the end of the trail being a further 10 miles. The Tissington Trail also forms part of the 350 mile Pennine Cycleway to Berwick-upon-Tweed.
A short ride through the tunnel complete with railway sound effects brings you out in Ashbourne town centre where a range of pubs, cafés and shops are available. Ashbourne is famous for its Shrovetide football match where the two halves of the town play one another at football with the goals three miles apart!
About the Bike Hire Centre
The centre has a range of books, maps and cycling related products on sale and the friendly and knowledgeable staff are on hand to offer help and advice. An emergency cycle repair service is also offered.
Car parking is available on site along with refreshments, picnic tables and toilets (including disabled facilities).
Information on our cycles
The following cycles are available from this centre: