How to reach us
Our Ashbourne bike hire centre is situated at the southern end of the Tissington Trail just outside Ashbourne town centre. It is accessed easily via the A515 from Buxton, the A52 from Derby or the A523/A52 from Leek.
- From the centre of Ashbourne, follow the brown signs for the Tissington Trail.
- From the centre of Ashbourne, take the road above the market-place (Union Street), follow the road round then at the junction at the top indicate left and head straight down Mapleton Road.
9.30am to 5pm.
Open every day until 29 October 2023.
No Booking Required, but you will need...
- Just turn up! We work on a first come first served basis, its very rare we run out of bikes as we have a large fleet bikes which are being returned throughout the day.
- A photo card driving licence with current address or a passport and proof of current address. Photo ID and proof of address are essential, without these documents you will not be able to hire.
- A debit or credit card for payment and a pre- authorisation/ deposit. Deposits will be withheld and/or reasonable charges will be incurred in the event of damage or late return. Please be aware we cant process deposits via contactless payment using phone (Apple/ Samsung pay) you will need to bring a physical card.
- Helmets- We are happy to supply sanitised helmets for your use when hiring- equally if you prefer you may use your own.
- Please call the centre to book accessible bikes due to the limited number available. Payment will be required to secure you booking in advance and a deposit will be taken on the day, please bring photo ID and proof of address. Please see terms and conditions for group/advance booking.
- Group hires for educational groups of 10 or more can be booked in advance by calling the centre. Payment will be required to secure you booking and a deposit will be taken on the day, please bring photo ID and proof of address. Please see terms and conditions for group/advance booking. Discounted group rate will only apply to schools and cannot be applied at weekends, bank holidays or during the school holidays.
View our cycle hire price list page.
Where you can cycle
The Tissington Trail provides a flat, traffic-free cycle route through the beautiful Peak District countryside. The picturesque, traditional Derbyshire village of Tissington is an easy three and a half mile cycle ride away with the end of the trail being a further 10 miles. The Tissington Trail also forms part of the 350 mile Pennine Cycleway to Berwick-upon-Tweed.
A short ride through the tunnel complete with railway sound effects brings you out in Ashbourne town centre where a range of pubs, cafés and shops are available.
About the Bike Hire, Repair and Service Centre
The centre has a range of books, maps and cycling related products on sale and the friendly and knowledgeable staff are on hand to offer help and advice.
Car parking is available on site along with refreshments, picnic tables and toilets (including disabled facilities).
Information on our cycles
The following cycles are available from this centre: