How to reach us
Our Ashbourne bike hire centre is situated at the southern end of the Tissington Trail just outside Ashbourne town centre. It is accessed easily via the A515 from Buxton, the A52 from Derby or the A523/A52 from Leek.
- From the centre of Ashbourne, follow the brown signs for the Tissington Trail.
- From the centre of Ashbourne, take the road above the market-place (Union Street), follow the road round then at the junction at the top indicate left and head straight down Mapleton Road.
Due to current Tier 4 Covid-19 restrictions, our Ashbourne Bike Hire is closed until further notice.
Booking bikes at Ashbourne Cycle Hire
- Group hires (10 or more) can be booked in advance by calling the centre. We will ask that you pay in advance to confirm your booking. Bikes are not be guaranteed to be available unless booked and paid for in advance. Please see terms and conditions for group booking. Discounted group rate will only apply to schools and cannot be applied at weekends, bank holidays or during the school holidays.
- Individuals or parties with less than 10 people can book online for using the 'book online' button above.
- All customers will be treated on a first come first served basis including bank holidays and weekends. We stock a large fleet of different types of bikes and although we cannot guarantee bikes will be available at very busy times, we rarely run out of bikes. We will do our best to accommodate your hire needs, as we have bikes returning to the centre throughout the day.
- Please call the centre to book accessible bikes, due to the limited number available.
View our cycle hire price list page.
Where you can cycle
The Tissington Trail provides a flat, traffic-free cycle route through the beautiful Peak District countryside. The picturesque, traditional Derbyshire village of Tissington is an easy three and a half mile cycle ride away with the end of the trail being a further 10 miles. The Tissington Trail also forms part of the 350 mile Pennine Cycleway to Berwick-upon-Tweed.
A short ride through the tunnel complete with railway sound effects brings you out in Ashbourne town centre where a range of pubs, cafés and shops are available. Ashbourne is famous for its Shrovetide football match where the two halves of the town play one another at football with the goals three miles apart!
About the Bike Hire Centre
The centre has a range of books, maps and cycling related products on sale and the friendly and knowledgeable staff are on hand to offer help and advice. An emergency cycle repair service is also offered.
Car parking is available on site along with refreshments, picnic tables and toilets (including disabled facilities).
Information on our cycles
The following cycles are available from this centre: