UPDATE: National Park visitor and cycle hire centres will close from Wednesday 4 November in line with Covid-19 lockdown restrictions until at least 2 December.
Derbyshire SK17 ODG
Tel. & Fax: (01298) 84493
How to reach us
Our Parsley Hay bike hire centre is situated eight miles south of the spa town of Buxton. Easily reached via the A515 from both Buxton and Ashbourne, Parsley Hay makes the ideal starting point to explore the Peak District.
Parsley Hay is currently closed until next year, please keep an eye on this page for 2021 opening dates.
Our centres at Ashbourne and Derwent have limited opening through Autumn and Winter:
- Group hires (10 or more) can be booked in advance by calling the centre. We will ask that you pay in advance to confirm your booking. Bikes are not be guaranteed to be available unless booked and paid for in advance. Please see terms and conditions for group booking. Discounted group rate will only apply to schools and cannot be applied at weekends, bank holidays or during the school holidays.
- All customers will be treated on a first come first served basis including bank holidays and weekends. We stock a large fleet of different types of bikes and although we cannot guarantee bikes will be available at very busy times, we rarely run out of bikes. We will do our best to accommodate your hire needs, as we have bikes returning to the centre throughout the day.
- Please call the centre to book accessible bikes, due to the limited number available.
View our cycle hire price list page.
Where you can cycle
Parsely Hay is situated on the High Peak Trail and Tissington Trails and is an ideal centre for exploring the White Peak and South West Peak on traffic-free routes.
About the bike hire centre
The cycle hire centre at Parsley Hay includes a refreshment kiosk, toilets (including disabled facilities), bike racks, picnic tables and seating areas are all provided on site.
The car park is pay and display. See car parking page for prices.
The friendly and knowledgeable Bike Hire staff are on hand to offer help and advice and can repair small mechanical problems or fully service your bike. The Visitor Centre provides maps and guides on the area.
- Read our Parsley Hay Access Guide (5MB)
Information on our cycles
The following cycles are available from this centre:
- Adult cycles
- with child-seats
- with trailers
- with tag-alongs
- Child cycles
- Accessible bikes
- Wheelchair bike
- Hand-cranked bikes
- Boma all terrain electric wheelchair
- Tandem trike
- Tramper mobility scooter
- Dog Trailers