Derbyshire SK17 ODG
Tel. & Fax:
Our Parsley Hay bike hire centre is situated eight miles south of the spa town of Buxton. Easily reached via the A515 from both Buxton and Ashbourne, Parsley Hay makes the ideal starting point to explore the Peak District.
- April to October: 9.30am to 5pm
- November to March: 10am to 4pm
Please check this website before travelling if the weather forecast is adverse.
- Open every day until 5 November.
- Open Sundays throughout November and December and also 27-28 and 31 December.
- Closed January.
- Open every day from 12 February until 10 November.
No booking required, but you will need..
- Just turn up! We work on a first come first served basis, its very rare we run out of bikes as we have a large fleet bikes which are being returned throughout the day.
- A photo card driving licence with current address or a passport and proof of current address. Photo ID and proof of address are essential, without these documents you will not be able to hire.
- A debit or credit card for payment and a pre-authorisation/ deposit. Deposits will be withheld and/or reasonable charges will be incurred in the event of damage or late return. Please be aware we cant process deposits via contactless payment using phone (Apple/ Samsung pay) you will need to bring a physical card.
- Helmets - We are happy to supply sanitised helmets for your use when hiring- equally if you prefer you may use your own.
- Please call the centre to book accessible bikes due to the limited number available. Payment will be required to secure you booking in advance and a deposit will be taken on the day, please bring photo ID and proof of address. Please see terms and conditions for group/advance booking.
- Group hires for educational groups of 10 or more can be booked in advance by calling the centre. Payment will be required to secure you booking and a deposit will be taken on the day, please bring photo ID and proof of address. Please see terms and conditions for group/advance booking. Discounted group rate will only apply to schools and cannot be applied at weekends, bank holidays or during the school holidays.
View our cycle hire price list page.
Where you can cycle
Parsely Hay is situated on the High Peak Trail and Tissington Trails and is an ideal centre for exploring the White Peak and South West Peak on traffic-free routes.
About the bike hire, repair and service centre
The cycle hire centre at Parsley Hay includes a refreshment kiosk, toilets (including disabled facilities), bike racks, picnic tables and seating areas are all provided on site.
The car park is pay and display. See car parking page for prices.
The friendly and knowledgeable Bike Hire staff are on hand to offer help and advice and can repair small mechanical problems or fully service your bike. The Visitor Centre provides maps and guides on the area.
- Read our Parsley Hay Access Guide (5MB)
Information on our cycles
The following cycles are available from this centre:
- Adult cycles
- with child-seats
- with trailers
- with tag-alongs
- Child cycles
- Electric bikes
- Accessible bikes
- Wheelchair bike