The Peak District National Park Authority owns and manages 45 car parks throughout the National Park, with 27 of these FREE to use. The remaining 18 car parks have a Pay & Display system.
We provide car parks to help handle the numbers of visitors to the National Park and reduce congestion. Fees from our Pay & Display car parks are re-invested into the care and protection of landscapes local to that area.
Please do not park on grass verges, by farm gates or other undesignated areas as this can reduce access for farm vehicles, the emergency services and damage protected habitats.
Regular visitor? Save with our annual parking pass
Our annual permit is just £40, and allows parking in any one of 18 Peak District National Park Authority Pay & Display car parks (plus of course, our 27 other FREE car parks).
For a visitor staying for a full day just twice a month, this represents a saving of almost £75 a year (normal day rate £4.75).
Ways you can apply
- Permits are available from all National Park Visitor Centres – this reduces costs to the National Park and lets us spend more on the places you love to visit
- Download and print the application form for an annual parking permit (98KB)
- Receive a copy by email: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01629 816 200
- Pay by card over the phone by contacting the Customer Service Team on 01629 816 200
Please make cheques payable to PDNPA (Peak District National Park Authority)
Send your completed application form and the appropriate fee to:
Customer Service Team
Peak District National Park Authority
Bakewell DE45 1AE
Telephone: 01629 816200
Minicom: 01629 816319
Charges apply between 10am and 6pm. Please note new parking charges apply from November 2018.
|Parking Tariffs (from Oct 2018)||Charge (£)|
|Up to 1 hr||1.50|
|Up to 2 Hr||2.50|
|Up to 4 hr||4.00|
|Coaches (where permitted) 2 hr||4.00|
|Horse boxes/lorries up to 2 hr||4.00|
|Horse boxes/lorries all day||7.00|
|Motorcycles all day||1.50|
|Blue Badge holders||Free|
|Annual permit (previously visitors' permit)||40.00|
How do we use car park fees?
- To maintain the car parks
- Pay for litter removal (around 70 tonnes across the National Park each year)
- Improve and maintain on-site toilet facilities
- Provide visitor information
- Look after path networks from car parks, safeguarding landscape and habitats
- Install CCTV cameras in collaboration with Derbyshire Police to reduce crime
More information is available in our Car Park Bylaws. Please note new byelaws are in effect from Saturday 27 October 2018.
- Byelaws for Car Parks (from Saturday 27 Oct 2018)
Our car parks usually have brown or grey entrance signs, and will reference the name/logo ‘Peak District National Park’ or ‘Peak Park’ Authority. National Park Authority parking permits are applicable in these car parks only, and we are unable to accept responsibility for fees or penalty charges incurred in facilities we do not manage.
For other car parks in the Peak District please visit the relevant website: