St Michael's Environmental Education Centre
Telephone: 01433 650 309
- School residential visits
- Coming soon – environmental / science packages; watch this space!
- First Aid Courses
- Self-catering for groups of up to 38 people
- Attached cottage sleeps 4-6 people
Private groups are welcome to hire the centre on weekends and school holidays and take advantage of its special location and facilities. For more information visit the Nottinghamshire County Council website.
St Michael’s has a wonderful cottage attached to the main centre which offers comfortable accommodation for up to 6 people in the heart of the Peak District.
Public Transport Links
- Hathersage train station is 600m away with trains to both Sheffield and Manchester
- Buses run through Hathersage, between Sheffield and Castleton
- It is also possible to travel to Chesterfield by bus
St Michael’s Centre is located in the heart of the Peak District National Park and has been welcoming school groups for over 30 years. Based in Hathersage it can be accessed by public transport and is close to the world renowned climbing edges of Stanage and Burbage. In 2019 the centre became the first Peak District National Park Ambassador Centre.
School groups benefit from exclusive use and work with a small team of dedicated and professional staff. The centre offers exceptional opportunities to enhance the school curriculum with a range of activities, all designed to take advantage of the landscape surrounding the centre with its rich history and geography.