The nominations for the Peak District National Park Planning Awards have now been published. The judging for the Awards took place on 25 October and the successful schemes will receive their Award at the ceremony kindly hosted by Thornbridge Hall on 21 November.
The Awards are being crafted from Derbyshire Fossil Limestone a truly unique Peak District product, provided by Natural Stone Sales Ltd.
Nominations for awards are for the following categories:
A. Best Residential
Conversion, extension, new build
B. Best Non-residential
Commercial, quarries, public buildings
C. Best Conservation project
Any development relating to a heritage asset
D. Best Landscaping scheme
Landscaping scheme relating to any other development, including quarry restoration
Each category will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The design quality of the scheme in terms of its overall vision, innovation, integrity and detail
- The form of the development, including scale, massing and height
- Appearance (in terms of details and materials)
- Contribution to local distinctiveness and landscape setting
- Quality of craftsmanship and execution
- Sustainability of the development
- How the development is contributing to the special qualities of the Peak District National Park
In all cases, projects needed to reflect the general principles of good design which are set out in the Peak District National Park Authority Design Guide (6MB)
Guidelines for Entry
- The nominated scheme must be located within the National Park boundary.
- The nominated scheme must have been completed within 3 years from July 2015.
- Nominations must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- Entries can be submitted by anyone who considers the scheme suitable for an award, including owners, architects, designers, developers, Parish Councils, Community Groups or any member of the public. In all cases the consent of the owner must be obtained prior to making the nomination.
- Entries cannot be accepted from PDNPA officers, Members or a member of their immediate family, or for buildings in their ownership.
- Entries will be assessed by a judging panel consisting of representatives of the design profession.
- If the judging panel considers there to be no nominations of the required standard of excellence for the category, no award will be made.
- The judging panel’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
If you would like to contact us about the Planning Awards please email planning.Awards@peakdistrict.gov.uk.
The Awards aim to both celebrate exceptional schemes that have been developed and inspire excellence in future projects in the National Park.
The Peak District National Park Planning Awards 2018, supported by: