In addition to the policies and procedures related to the long-term and day-to-day management of the national park, the policies below relate to how the Authority itself is run.
Code of Corporate Governance
Governance is about how local government bodies ensure that they are doing the right things, in the right way, for the right people, in a timely, inclusive, open, honest and accountable way. The Authority has agreed a Code of Corporate Governance which sets out what we will do to achieve this and follows the principles and framework recommended for local government.
Each year the Authority is required to review its performance against this Code so that we can continuously improve our effectiveness and address any weakness highlighted. In doing this we take into account feedback and reports from independent advisors like our internal and external auditors and the local government ombudsman.
This review feeds into our Annual Governance Statement (AGS) which we are required to produce each year by the end of May to accompany the production of the final accounts. This statement highlights action we are going to take to improve our governance arrangements. We publish the version of our AGS which has not yet been audited by the deadline of 31 May. We then publish the version which has been audited and approved by our Members in July.
- Code of Corporate Governance [February 2017]
- Review of performance against Code for 2018/2019 [May 2019]
- Annual Governance Statement 2018/19
[Unaudited version published on 24 May 2019]
- Review of Progress Against 2017/18 AGS Issues [May 2019]
- Anti-Fraud and Corruption Policy [February 2013]
- CCTV Usage Good Practice Guidelines V1.5 [September 2015] (2.3mb)
- Complaints procedure
- Confidential reporting policy
- General Statement of Safety Policy [January 2015] (56KB)
- Data Protection Policy V2.0 [May 2018] (496KB)
- Data Breach Notification Process V1.0 [May 2018] (464KB)
- Equality Policy [March 2013] (152kb)
- Employee Code of Conduct V2.0 [March 2015] (1.07mb)
- Freedom of information
- Information Management Policies Framework V4.1 [November 2018] (812KB)
- Pension Scheme Discretions Policy (309KB)
- Retention Schedule V2.5 [May 2018] (776KB)
- Working Alone in Safety [January 2016] (268kb)
Performance and Business Plan
- Performance and Business Plan (including archives)
Our budget for the financial year (starting on 1st April) is formally approved, in advance, by Members at February’s Authority meeting. It sets out the resources expected to be available and how those resources are to be spent in the forthcoming year. Prior to the presentation of this report a number of financial planning reports may be taken to earlier Authority meetings.
- Budget Report 2018-2019 (180KB)
- Budget Report Appendix 1 (148KB)
- Budget Report Appendix 2 (64KB)
- Budget Report Appendix 3 (68KB)
- Budget Report Appendix 4 (72KB)
- Budget Report Appendix 5 (92KB)
The outturn report shows the actual income and expenditure position at the end of the financial year (31 March) and is reported to the Audit, Resources and Performance Committee in the May/June meeting following the end of the financial year.
- Outturn Report 2017-2018 (140KB)
- Outturns Appendix A (120KB)
- Outturns Appendix B (112KB)
- Outturns Appendix C (84KB)
- Outturns Appendix D (88KB)
Treasury Management Policy and Prudential Code Indicators
This report is approved by Members at the March Authority meeting in advance of the financial year starting on 1 April and sets out the parameters within which the Authority’s investing and borrowing activities will be conducted in the forthcoming year.
- Treasury Management Policy Statement and Annual Treasury Management and Investment Strategy (84KB)
- Appendix 1 (68KB)
- Appendix 2 (100KB)
- Appendix 3 (248KB)
Audit Public Rights Notice - Inspection of Accounts 2018/19
2018 - 2019 Statement of Accounts
The Authority is required to produce a Statement of Accounts as at the end of March each year. These Accounts represent a true and fair view of the Authority's financial position at the end of the financial year, give details of income and expenditure within the year and are certified by the Authority's Chief Finance Officer. We publish a draft unaudited Statement of Accounts by the deadline of 31st May. We then publish the version which has been audited and approved by Members at the end of July.
External audit reports
- Statement of Accounts 2017/2018 (1.40MB)
- Statement of Accounts 2016/2017 (6.9MB)
- Statement of Accounts 2015/16 (2.58MB)
- Statement of accounts 2014/2015 (1MB) (approved September 2015)
- Statement of accounts 2013/2014 (2.4MB)
- Statement of accounts 2012/2013 (722KB)
- Statement of accounts 2011/2012 (541KB)
- Statement of accounts 2010/2011 (1MB)
- Statement of accounts 2009/2010 (338KB)
- Statement of accounts 2008/2009 (251KB)
- Statement of accounts 2007/2008 (276KB)
- Statement of accounts 2006/2007 (295KB)