Derbyshire SK17 ODG
Tel. & Fax: (01298) 84493
How to reach us
Our Parsley Hay cycle hire centre is situated eight miles south of the spa town of Buxton. Easily reached via the A515 from both Buxton and Ashbourne, Parsley Hay makes the ideal starting point to explore the Peak District.
From Friday 16th Feb we are open everyday until 4th November 2018
We open at 9.30am and closing times are between 4pm and 5pm based on daylight hours. Please confirm with a member of the team when hiring.
- Group hires (10 or more) can be booked in advance by calling the centre. We will ask that you pay in advance to confirm your booking. Bikes are not be guaranteed to be available unless booked and paid for in advance. Please see terms and conditions for group booking. Discounted group rate will only apply to schools and cannot be applied at weekends, bank holidays or during the school holidays.
- Individuals or parties with less than 10 people can book online for using the 'book online' button above. 24 hours' notice required.
- Online booking is not available on the following dates: 30th March- 2nd April 2018, 7th and 28th May 2018, 23th July - 3rd Sept 2018, 5th Nov 2018 onwards. Customers will be treated on a first come first served basis.
- All other Customers will be treated on a first come first served basis this includes bank holidays and weekends. We stock a large fleet of different types of bikes and although we cannot guarantee bikes will be available at very busy times, we rarely run out of bikes. We will do our best to accommodate your hire needs, as we have bikes returning to the centre throughout the day.
- Please call the centre to book accessible bikes, due to the limited number available.
View our cycle hire price list page.
Where you can cycle
Parsely Hay is situated on the High Peak Trail and Tissington Trails and is an ideal centre for exploring the White Peak and South West Peak on traffic-free routes .
About the cycle hire centre
The cycle hire centre at Parsley Hay includes a refreshment kiosk, toilets (including disabled facilities), bike racks, picnic tables and seating areas are all provided on site.
The car park is pay and display. See car parking page for prices.
The friendly and knowledgeable Cycle Hire staff are on hand to offer help and advice and can repair small mechanical problems or fully service your bike. The Visitor Centre provides maps and guides on the area.
- Read our Parsley Hay Access Guide (5MB)
Information on our cycles
The following cycles are available from this centre:
- Adult cycles
- with child-seats
- with trailers
- with tag-alongs
- Child cycles
- Accessible bikes
- Wheelchair bike
- Hand-cranked bikes
- Boma all terrain electric wheelchair
- Tandem trike
- Tramper mobility scooter
More information about our range of bikes and our facilities can be found in the Parsley Hay access statement (1MB)