You can carry out a map search on Natural England's website for these and other access restrictions. The maps are updated daily.
Public rights of way are not affected by restrictions on open access land.
Landowners' Discretionary Restrictions
- Abney & Offerton Moor - Dates in May & June 2023 (2.1MB)
- Bradfield & Strines Moors - Dates in May & June 2023 (1.5MB)
- Bradfield & Strines Moors - Date in August 2023 (1.5MB)
- Bradfield & Strines Moors - Date in September 2023 (1.5MB)
- Edale Moor - Date in September 2023 (1MB)
- Langsett & Thurlstone Moors - Dates in May, June & August 2023 (1.3MB)
- Moscar, Derwent & Hallam Moors - Dates in August, September & October 2023 (2.1MB)
- Shelf & Coldharbour Moors - Dates in May & June 2023 (900KB)
- Snailsden Moor - Dates in August & September 2023 (1.5MB)
- Woodhead & Bleaklow Moors - Dates in August & September 2023 (1.7MB)
National Park Authority Directions
- Silence Mine, Great Hucklow - public safety exclusion until 30 April 2025 (571KB)
Fire Prevention Directions
The Authority has directions in place to close open access land when the fire risk is exceptional. These are linked to the Fire Severity Index. When these are activated, we will let you know which areas are closed and erect notices on site.