You can carry out a map search on Natural England's website for these and other access restrictions. The maps are updated daily.
Public rights of way are not affected by restrictions on open access land.
Landowners' Discretionary Restrictions
- Abney & Offerton Moor - May & June 2021 (2.1MB)
- Bradfield & Strines Moors - May & June 2021 (1.5MB)
- Callow Bank - April 2021 (513KB)
- Langsett & Thurlstone Moors - May & June 2021 (1.3MB)
- Midhope Moor - May & June 2021 (956 KB)
- Moscar, Derwent & Hallam Moors - May & June 2021 (2.2MB)
- Piggford Moor - May & June 2021 (1.6MB)
- Rusden Wood - Apr-Oct & Dec 2021 (384KB)
- Snailsden Moor - May & June 2021 (1.6MB)
- Woodhead & Bleaklow Moors - May & June 2021 (1.7KB)
National Park Authority Directions
- Silence Mine, Great Hucklow - public safety exclusion until 30 April 2022 (618KB)
Fire Prevention Directions
The Authority has directions in place to close open access land when the fire risk is exceptional. These are linked to the Fire Severity Index. When these are activated, we will let you know which areas are closed and erect notices on site.