Booking and Payment
- Full payment using a debit/credit card is required at time of booking to confirm the booking.
- Bookings can be made up to 24 hours in advance of the day of arrival.
- Special requests, including requests for particular pods, must be indicated to us at the time of booking.
Cancellations and Refunds
- You may cancel the reservation at any time. If a cancellation occurs the following refund policy applies:
- Cancellation up to 1 month before arrival: 100% refund
- Cancellation between one month and 14 days before arrival: 50% refund
- Cancellation in last 14 days before arrival: no refund
- Refunds will not be given if you decide to cancel your booking or leave the campsite early due to inclement weather, illness or other reasons beyond your control. We recommend that you buy holiday insurance to compensate you in these circumstances.
- Although we will make effort not to do so, we may have to cancel or change a booking in a significant way due to events beyond our control (for example extreme weather). If this occurs, we will return to you any money paid in respect of the booking for the part of the holiday affected but will not otherwise be liable for any loss caused by cancellation or alteration.
Generally, as the Booking is for services related to leisure activities for a specific date, you do not have a right to cancel and receive a refund under Regulation 28 of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
- Group bookings can only be accepted from organised groups. We cannot accept large family or friend groups without prior arrangement. Proof of group status may be requested when booking. In particular, our site is not suitable for parties. We may refuse to allow you access to the site and / or require you to leave the campsite if you do not comply with this Clause.
- All group leaders must have completed and returned a group booking form including full details of the number in the party and number of vehicles.
- Occupation is limited to two adults plus one child (or two small children/infants) for a standard pod and two adults plus three children, or 4-5 adults for a family pod unless otherwise agreed.
- Family groups must be limited to no more than two pods or one pod and an adjacent tent.
- The pods are designed for short stay/recreational use and are not available for residential bookings.
- You may not drive any vehicle up to your camping pod. Vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas and all equipment must be carried the relatively short distance to the camping pitch.
- Breakages and damages must be reported as soon as is reasonably possible and we may charge you for any part of the pod or site amenity destroyed or damaged.
- We may charge you for the relevant costs if extra cleaning is required.
- You must not use the camping pod for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to us or any neighbours.
- You must comply with any general regulations relating to our campsites. A summary of these can be found at the campsite building and on our website at www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/camping-northlees.
- Barbecues and open fires are not permitted.
- For fire safety, cooking for pod residents is restricted to the veranda area only and stoves must be raised off the ground. Cooking inside pods is NOT permitted and can be lethal due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- You are limited in your electrical usage by a 10amp trip. This means that use of a kettle for example is likely to be impossible.
- Smoking is not permitted in the pods or in any part of the small plantation within which the pods are situated.
- We ask all campers to be quiet between the hours of 10pm and 8am and refrain from excessive noise at all other times.
Right to Evict
- We reserve the right to ask any camper/s to leave who present a danger, menace or disturbance to other campers including excessive noise and failure to adhere to campsite regulations.
Arrival and Departure
- Please arrive after 2.00pm and leave your pod by 10.30am on the day of your departure unless otherwise agreed.
- Arrangements for collecting your keys will be agreed at the time of booking.
- You must return your keys on the last day of the holiday period or the date of departure, if earlier. Failure to do so will incur the cost of a replacement set.
- Pets are not generally allowed.
- As an exception to this, up to two dogs may be acceptable inside one of the camping pods (named Twin Cam) at the warden's discretion.
- You must notify us at the time of booking if you intend to bring a dog on site. They will incur an additional charge.
- Dogs should be kept on a lead at all times and exercised away from the main camping areas. You are responsible for any mess, which should be cleared up and disposed of immediately.
- Dogs must not be left unattended in the camping pod.
Comments & Complaints
- Every reasonable care will be taken to ensure that the camping pod and site amenities are presented to a high standard. Should you find any cause for complaint, please immediately contact one of the campsite staff, so that reasonable steps can then be taken to rectify the problem. Please fill in a comments form before your departure and leave it at the campsite or email it to us as soon as possible after your holiday at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Online booking
- A Booking is made when you accept these terms and conditions complete the personal details on line and pay the Fee. Completion of these steps constitutes a binding contract between us on these terms and conditions.
- If Bookings are made by You on behalf of other individuals You confirm You have the authority to make the booking on behalf of these individuals. By booking on line You accept responsibility for ensuring that all the members of Your group comply with these terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right not to fulfil or accept a Booking for any reasonable reason. All bookings are subject to availability of staff and associated resources.
- Applicable Law
- All online bookings are, in addition to statutes regulating the sales of good and services, subject to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (“the Regulation”).
- If you are not satisfied with the service you receive You can make a complaint using Our complaints procedure. Further details can be found here: http://www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/looking-after/about-us/have-your-say/how-to-make-a-complaint-compliment-or-comment
- Our Contact Details
PEAK DISTRICT NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY