Pupils will spend the day in the woods using a book such as the "The Gruffalo" as a stimulus for discovery about the environment. Using their senses to explore, and learn how animals survive in the local environment. This is an opportunity for fun outdoor play and creativity.
Suitable for: EYFS & Y1.
Duration: minimum 4 hours. This programme is delivered all year round.
Location: Coach directions and meeting place, click on location below.
- Longdendale Environment Centre (near Glossop/Manchester)
- Macclesfield Forest (near Macclesfield)
- Moorland Discovery Centre (near Sheffield)
- Teachers Notes (272kb)
- Teachers' Notes Moorland Discovery Centre (400kb)
- Health and safety
- Risk Benefit Assessment (51kb)
- Risk Benefit Assessment Moorland Discovery Centre (120kb)
To book at the Moorland Discovery Centre call 01433 637907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page